See Aesthetic Realism and People by Eli Siegel in The Right of Aesthetic Realism to Be Known, issues no. 606-611.
1. Sept 26 The Culture of the Earliest Tribes—Is It Still in You?
2. Oct 10 War Dance, Cradle Song, & the Opposites in Native American Music
To hear war dance click here
3. Oct 24 African Ethnography—What Can We Learn for Our Own Lives?
As we study traditions in early Africa we become surer about love, anger, trust, & responsiveness in our lives right now.
4. Nov 7 Women, Men, and Love in Folklore & This Day’s News
5. Nov 21 Kindness, How Deep in a Person! The Evidence from Evolution
If we’re kind, are we strong? The whole history of evolution says we are. A different way of seeing “the survival of the fittest.” Includes Darwin’s Lost Theory of Love by David Loye.
6. Dec 8 , SATURDAY Anthropology at the Met
We meet with The Visual Arts and the Opposites Class, taught by Marcia Rackow, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art at 11 AM.
7. Dec 19 Seeing Meaning in a Culture Different From Yours
Students speak on a custom from another culture. Do you see more meaning in this culture and your own as you see the aesthetic opposites in this custom?